The House of Happy Walls

happywalls.jpg (39450 bytes)

The House of Happy Walls was built by Charmian London in 1919 after Jack London's death in 1916. After its completion, Charmian lived in the house until her death in 1955 at the age of 84.

The house serves as a museum and visitor's center today. Among the displays are furnishings which were intended for the Wolf House; London's typewriter and dictaphone; many of his original letters and manuscripts; photographs, souvenirs brought back from the South Seas and a scale model of the "Snark", the sailing ship which he built and intended to sail around the world.

Return to Jack London State Park Page

Return to Parks Home Page