The "Cottage," was restored and refurnished in 2006, was London's principal
home on the Beauty Ranch. This wood-framed cottage was purchased by London in 1911 along
with the Kohler and Frohling winery buildings. It was enlarged after 1911 until it
included some 3,000 square feet of living space. Here he wrote most of his later stories
The small annex on the right side of the cottage was built by Jack London after his "Wolf House" burned down in 1913; this room was his study where he worked until his death in 1916.
The cottage is open on week-ends and holidays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A tour of the cottage is also included in all docent-led tours of the Beauty Ranch.
The cottage features interpretive panels which describe the life and adventures of Jack London with photos and text.
A video, featuring a biography of Jack London, is constantly played during the hours when the cottage is open to the public.
View of the cottage, with Jack London's writing den annex on the right side
View of the cottage back porch, which is now the main entrance. The stone building on the left side was used as kitchen and dining room.
View of the cottage from the garden. Jack London's sleeping porch is on the left; Charmians's on the right.
Return to Jack London State Historic Park Page "Effective
June 1, Jack London State Historic Park will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
The park is scheduled to be permanently closed by July 1, 2012."
Return to Parks Home Page
Proudly hosted by Sonoma.net